Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Homecoming pick apart

The month of scare and dress up is here and yet for the other bloggers that are doing Halloween based blogs I dare to be different, as we come into October many high schools and even Colleges are having their Homecoming game. If you are not from the USA,  Homecoming is when an American football team has a home game and normally they have a homing court with maids, and a Queen and King. In high school all the Students get dressed up and then after go to a dance. As for College they simply have a big party and tailgate leading up that game. Now as we enter our 2012 homing games I welcome the good, the bad and the down right ugly ( I must say this like when we look at our parents old photos and say " Mom! what were thinking the shirt is so awful looking hehe or at least that is what I do)

freshmen


1. I am seriously shaking my head right now. The only thing I even remotely like about this outfit is the shoes. Other then that I am about to tear this outfit apart! My dear what were you thinking? The black part of the outfit ( I am thinking that it is a dress) the knit bat wing thing just does not work the fake leather and spandex part, that is just a no no! Now I do like that shoes I think heel ankle boots are a nice piece to have in your closet they great in the fact that you can wear them any thing,  and dress them up or down. Now with this lovey ladies figure I just would have done something different. like THIS.

2. I have three words for this dress....Show Girl and Vegas plus 60's mod. I honestly do not like anything about this dress not even those shoes and I am shoe lover! Well for starts the color is awful and not something I would pick simply because of her skin tone, it totally washes her out. The shoes as well get washed out by the dress. Now I do understand that she wants the main focus to be on the dress, I would have done a totally different dress and shoes to not only bring out her skin tone but her hair color. I personally would have picked this DRESS. It brings out her skin tone and hair and also the cut and style of the dress and also creates a more curve to her body shape, we don't want to be stick straight. Now these are the SHOES I might pick to go with the dress they add a pop or color and they have a nice amount of sparkle :)

Sophomore

1.  her dress makes me want to I have no idea what it makes me want to do but I sure don't like it! now her shoes I do like once again you have a staple piece and the color was a good choice but. The cut of the dress almost seems to swallow her and just once again the pattern I do not like. THIS is what I would have picked and kept the same shoes of course. Something about the dress I picked has a flare to it and a some what playful look, the dress seen above that she picked hides her body an, when you have no curves you want to work with what you have not hide it but doing stuff that seems baggy and loose.

2. Peplum :) if you noticed in my LAST blog I talked about the peplum skirt and how it is a making a come back from the 1950's with a new fun short take on it. The lady above I have nothing bad to say I personally would wear this my self, you have a nice pattern with the shoes, an besides leopard print is just as the color black it never goes out of style, it is just one of those staple things you sort of need in your closet. I keep saying you want to show your curves not hide them this young lady did just that. I give five stars!

Juniors 


1. Back to ranting about the no no's of these girls fashion. Pattern, Cut, shoes, the placement of the belt..NO! the pattern and cut as well as the length of the dress does this young lady no justice whats so ever. For her body type I would have done a baby doll dress like THIS DRESS The placement of the belt should have been much higher because then you have a nice flow if it is in fact placed higher. Now as far as shoes so once again I am just shaking my head, because for this young ladies legs she wants to create the long leg look, and with those heels and also the length of the dress it just is not happening I would have done THESE shoes, when creating the look of long legs you don't want ankle straps simply because it cuts on the leg, with the shoes I picked the white color with give her skin tone a darker look as well make her legs appear longer which both of those we want.


2. Rocking the 60's mod, I don't have a problem with but once again with this young lady also appearing to be shorter, we want create the long leg look, now I do like the color of the dress although I personally wouldn't have chosen that dress seen above I would have gone with this DRESS it has the same rich red color ( red I know it is brighter more of a strawberry color) but the flow of the dress is nice and also it helps with the look we are after. The shoe I have no problem with but they are more spring summer look to them I would have gone with a plain black shoe as seen HERE being that her dress is bright and colorful we want the attention to be there, but still wanting to get the long leg look.


Seniors



1.  Being that all three of these ladies are seniors I was the most upset with these three. They should know better! tisk tisk...This red number is just not working for me, and the shoes just do not go with outfit I seriously have no idea what she was thinking. This young lady should have gone for something like THIS being that this dress has the same features as a high low dress you and it also doesn't have the awful placing of the belt as seen in the red dress. Now These shoes I am worried because they do not go with this dress whats so ever! Something like THIS would have go nicely with the dress I picked above.

2. Once again I am saying no, you have young lady that is short and with that being you want make your self appear to be taller and have the long leg look going. This dress that she has picked just does not help her in any way. THIS dress would look beautiful on her, the cut is nice and would work with her body shape and the way sweet heart neck line is perfect. Now the shoes that she is wearing I do like they remind me of Rockabilly and I think are a good choice.


3. I HATE this outfit, I can not stress that enough. The color she picked on both shoes and dress I find awful as stated above with all the other girls this dress does no justice for the young lady. THIS powder puff blue color, would look nice on her no only would it compliment her hair but also her skin tone, as far as shoes go I would have done these PRETTY little lace shoes, I believe they add a nice texture to the dress and color fits perfect with the powder puff blue.


That is my rant and rave for today stay tuned for more ha, from reviews to advice now to tearing these girls dressed apart. Please feel free to leaving your comment on these girls dresses and even the things that I picked, I would love to hear what you have to say, or even what you would like to see. And of course please subscribe by email if you would like and share with your friends. Big thanks to anyone that reads it means a lot to me!

XoXo

Union leader,
Pey

5 comments:

  1. Searching for the best convertible car seat? Want to get a reliable place? need a detailed review? Browse here, you will get a list of 10 best convertible car seat to choose yours spending a very short time. A complete and easy to read buying guide is also available for you here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glucosamine for Dogs and Cats Best Joint Supplements For Dogs Our select triple action Glucosamine, Chondroitin and Turmeric formula works to not only relieve pain, ease limb heaviness and joint aches but also lubricates joints and strengthens cartilage to increase your pet s mobility and greatly improve their quality of life Relieves stiffness and inflammation in pets sufferin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shop two piece short prom dresses and gowns for your prom or pageant at Promdresshut.com. Two-piece homecoming party dresses and 2-piece cocktail party dresses.

    ReplyDelete

  4. We can resize the photo with the help of Adobe Photoshop Editing service. We make cropping, positioning and file size optimization for nearly all the images we process.By carrying out these processes in a line the images are 100% ready for final use. Image Cropping By saving images in the final format and with the right compression long loading time is ignored.If you are looking for the best Image resizing or cropping service Provider then contact us immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shadow Creation is the process to change the color of an image or video..Shadow Creation It means correcting the lighting, white color balance, red or blue color balance, so that the image looks more clear or natural

    ReplyDelete