Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tips for clear skin and My face cleaning routine

I will be the first to admit that I don't have the greatest skin. I have huge pores, get break outs, the whole works, but here are my tips for getting pretty clear skin and my face cleansing routine :)

* please take note that my skin type is oily so this works for me but it may not work for you just some helpful advice*

So my skin type is oily which I must say can be a true pain, but as I have gotten older I have learned how to deal and work with my skin and also the best ways to treat it.

 Each morning I start off by washing my face. This is key to my face routine because I wear makeup everyday but the weekends. So I start off my splashing warm ( not hot) water on my face a few times and letting it open up my pores and I take dove soap on a wash cloth and gently wash my face making small circles. After I finish washing my face with the soap I rinse with warm ( once again not hot) water until all the soap is gone. After I have completed those first two steps I splash cold water on my face. By splashing cold water on your face it closes back up your pores. After using the cold water I pat dry my face, do not rub just gently pat. By rubbing your face it will not only irritate your skin but it will also help create those early wrinkles. Once my face is completely dry I use my Estee Lauder Time Zone creme with SPF. I always use the day time Time Zone creme because as stated before it has SPF in it. When we go out into the sun we want to protect our skin. I do not use very much just enough to cover my whole face. Also I might add the more you get out in the sun you will have better looking skin and clear as well. We have a love hate relationship with the sun, because it can hurt us but it is very good for our skin and health. 

After doing all of the above I apply my makeup but this is very important and to be honest something that I do not do enough but you need to make sure that you clean your makeup brushes! Now I know some of you might be wondering why this is so important and believe me I was asking my self the same question. When you use your makeup brushes, the dirt and bacteria on your face get transferred on to your brushes, now the next time you use your " dirty brushes" that same dirt and bacteria get onto your skin then the result is a breakout, which we all do not want. Also you should clean your brushes after each use simply so that the makeup products do not mix, then do a deep clean once a week. ( I will be a doing a " how to clean your makeup brushes blog" very soon).

See this picture has the right idea. Do not touch your face, I must say I am guilty of doing this a lot lol. Ok now I say do not touch your face because the germs, dirt, and bacteria will get on to your face and once again it causes all the problems we don't want, so try to touch your face as least as you can.  Another thing that should not touch your face or touch it as least as it can is your hair. At night because I have a fringe ( bangs) I clip them back to keep some of my hair out of my face, if your hair is oily or you are not going to wash your hair for that day try and pull it back or do some simply half up do's because the oil and dirt that is on your hair will get on to your face and will once again cause those problems. You also want to make sure that you clean your bedding ( pillow cases, blankets, sheet) anything that touches your face because that can cause break outs as well, so anything that you use on your face make sure that it is nice and clean.

Healthy, healthy, healthy! This might just be common knowledge but the more water and healthy food such as fruits and veggies, you eat the better your skin and so many other things will look better. The more greasy, fried, and fatty ( bad fat) foods that you put in your body, your skin will react to that. I am a pollo-pesco vegetarian ( I only eat chicken, fish, veggies, and fruit) and I have noticed a huge difference in my skin. So diet plays a big role in your skin. Also as painful as it is for me to say this ( because I love sweets) do not eat a bunch of sweets not only is it bad for your healthy but it is bad for your skin, just like I stated before what you feed your body your skin will react to it. I love sweets, but really had to cut back on them and once again I have noticed a huge difference in my skin. Some other foods that are good for your skin are: spinach, mussels, sweet potatoes,flaxseeds, cocoa powder mangoes, papaya, apricots and tomatoes. Those are just some of the yummy fruits and veggies that you can eat to help your skin. Water is also very key in your diet, once again not only is it great for your health but it is very good for your skin, by drinking more water you flush out the toxins in your body and it is helps your skin look great which is what we all want.

So not not only to be healthy but also for good skin as well is you want to work out, and by work out I mean break a sweat. By sweating you are clearing your body of toxins because you are sweating them out and you are also getting healthy and fit. Make sure you shower after your sweat fest lol or you not only would smell awful but you would be just clogging up your pores again which is not a good thing.

Audrey Hepburn I adore her! this is from " Breakfast at Tiffany's"
Now for my time routine I start by using a makeup wipe remover and try my best to remove all the makeup being gentle around my eye area of course. After doing this I use hot water ( as hot as my face can stand it that is key) and splash it on my face a few time to help open up my pores and rinse away and dirt or bacteria then I apply a layer of noxzema, ( with my face wet) I let this sit on my face till the noxzema seem dry and then I go back with the hot water and rinse my face. Now after rinsing the noxzema from my face I take a luffa and use the dove soap and gently in a circle motion clean my face with that. After I finish with the soap I rinse with the hot water till all the soap is gone and then rise a few times with cold water to close my pores.  Once I am done I pat dry my face and use apply my repair oil from Estee Lauder and my Time Zone night creme and another highly important thing is sleep make sure you get lots of sleep just like Audrey Hepburn haha!

Well that is my tips and routine for clear pretty skin. As always I hope you enjoyed reading and please feel free to share and subscribe by email of course leave comments.

XoXo

Union Leader,
Pey
 


No comments:

Post a Comment